Classroom and Dockside Practice will be done, with an emphasis on the special issues power boaters face when rigging the 5:1 block and tackle.
- Sponsored by the Seattle Sailing Foundation
- The course will include classroom and dock-side hands-on practice
- Two instructors will separately address the topic for:
- Sailors: Capt. Margaret Pommert
- Power Boaters: Capt. Linda Lewis
This "Weekend Navigator" course is taught primarily by Capt. Linda Lewis, who is a USCG member and volunteer. The course addresses:
- How to Use Today's Navigation Tools: Smartphones, Tablets, Chartplotters, PCs
- Practice Plotting Routes and Dead Reckoning: Electronic and Paper
- How to use your Radar, AIS, Autopilot to Enhance Navigation
- Practice Using Tides and Current Info - specific to the West Coast
"Women: Dock, Diesel, Navigate, Crew Overboard"
Monday, January 29, 2018 - 9am-5pm
Build your boating skills in a fun, supportive workshop. Taught by women, for women. Read More...
Using the “Navionics” app makes it easy to learn and practice navigation at home, then carry your work onto the boat as a backup to your on-board electronics. Read More...