Get private on-the-water boating instruction on YOUR power boat.
Capt. Linda Lewis customizes the training to focus on your needs and those of your boating partner, working on your own power boat.
Your goals might include building skills in:
- TODAY's Electronic Navigation
- Boating Apps and Websites
- Tides and Currents
- Crew Overboard Rescue
- VHF Radio
- Inside Passage Voyage Planning
With her professional educator background and years of hands-on experience cruising the Inside Passage, Capt. Linda Lewis can help you:
- Build your skills a step at a time, starting with close-quarters handling and docking
- Brush up on the newer things in boating, like today's electronic navigation
- Make the switch to handling a boat with different engine controls (such as Twin engines)
- Work out docking, anchoring, radar watch procedures that work on your boat
- Get tips for cruising The Inside Passage to British Columbia or Southeast Alaska
- Both captain and crew need to build their knowledge and skills as a safety priority and as an investment in satisfying boating
- Call or email to discuss your current skill level and to identify the things that you want to learn
Available as a speaker at yacht clubs/boating organizations. To see my speaking schedule visit my Speaking Page. Topics can include:
- "Best Navigation Programs for Tablets and Smartphones"
- "Smart Tools for Boaters - Apps and Websites"
- "How to Do Paper Chart Lines of Position"
- "Currents: How to Master Them at the Dock, Underway, and at Tidal Narrows"
- "Couples Sharing the Boat Handling: Tips for Making it Work"
- "The Captain is Missing - First Mate's Survival Guide"
- "VHF Radio and AIS Basics"
- "Radar: How to Use for Navigation & Collision Avoidance"
- "Voyage Planning for the Inside Passage"