Captain Linda Lewis
As an Emeritus Associate Professor from the University of Washington, I bring my professional educator background and 45 years of hands-on boating experience to my skills-focused teaching. I have taught hundreds of individuals and couples on their power boats over the last 15 years. Helping people to learn on boats is a great joy for me.
I also give presentations on navigation & boat handling topics yearly at the Seattle Boat Show, Trawlerfest, yacht clubs, and other groups throughout the Pacific Northwest. Having cruised the Pacific Northwest's 'Inside Passage' for 27 years (including nine cruises to Southeast Alaska) - on both sail and power boats - has given me real hands-on experience. Today I single-hand my 45’ trawler and cruise with friends or family as crew.
• U.S. Coast Guard 100-Ton Master's license
• 45 years boating experience
• Member U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary; Coxswain; Instructor
• Speaker: Yacht Clubs; Seattle Boat Show; Trawlerfest
• Faculty: Cruisers College, Anacortes WA (cruiserscollege.org)
• Teach coastal navigation course to the public for U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
• Member Northwest Women in Boating
• Cruising the Inside Passage since 1991
• Editor & contributor to Douglass Exploring SE Alaska cruising guide, 2007 (Find book information here)